We here at Stampede Blue pride ourselves on being the biggest and best Fantasy Football participation site across our network, and this year I expect nothing different. We ran 13 different leagues in 2011, and ran 12 of them last year, including a league just for previous league winners (which was a lot of fun and extremely competitive, obviously). To show you how International our readership is here, the winner was from Brazil (I finished 5th).
He's defending his title this year against league winners from last year, who already got their invite for the league. I did win League 10 last year, so I rightfully earned my spot again for this fun league. Also to make this league unique, I'm making it an auction draft, rather than the standard snake draft, adding a bit more excitement and strategy.
Some features of our Stampede Blue leagues:
- Unified scoring across all leagues, allowing us to compare across leagues for the overall best teams.
- Everyone who says they want in, as long as it is before the deadline, will get in a league. Some other SB Nation sites limit it to just a league or two, but as I said earlier we like including everyone. The more leagues the better.
- Multiple draft times and dates, chosen by you, so that we have full drafts. It makes the leagues much better if everyone is at the draft and not allowing the auto-drafter to go for them. I have them set up for all of the leagues from a year ago, and have a draft time on each day of the week, and different times for different time zones.
- To go along with that, since we have quite a few fans from Europe that want to play, and I didn't give them very convenient times a year ago, I've created two weekend afternoon (ET) times that they will have first choice at. You'll get more details later, but I've got you covered this year.
We had very few people not play through the season last year, and that was much appreciated by all. I'll be on the lookout for teams that haven't done much for several weeks to at least take out Bye week players, but everyone was really good about playing out the season, which again makes it more fun.
Here's the how the process is going to work:
- The easiest way is for you to just leave a comment here in this story. Then just check the email address registered with SB Nation sometime Monday morning, and you'll have an email from me with a list of dates and times of drafts. Then you'll email me back a date and time you'd like to draft (thus confirming your participation), and you're in!
- For those of you who just lurk around, you can directly email me that you're interested in joining, and you'll be included on the same email Monday morning. My only condition is you must be registered on Stampede Blue to participate, and be in good standing (not banned). Just included your user name in the email.
The deadline to sign up is Sunday, August 4 at 11:59pm ET. Anyone after that will be put on a wait list, which we will use, as we did liberally last year. If you want to play, just let me know before that time.