With the Colts 2-1 in the preseason and coming off another very impressive win against the Browns, let's take a look at my latest 53-man roster projection. Adding another twist to this one, however, is that I also project the team's first cuts that are due by this Tuesday, August 27. Discuss amongst yourselves this list that, really, is sure to be wrong.
Note: Bold indicates a new player on my 53-man projection. For a comparison with my last one, check it out here.
Latest 53-Man Roster Projection:
Fullback: Stanley Havili
Kicker: Adam Vinatieri
Punter: Pat McAfee
Long Snapper: Matt Overton
Projected First Cutdown to 75 Players (Due Tuesday, August 27 by 4:00 PM eastern time):
* Remember, this isn't always about cutting the 15 worst players, but also about cutting guys who aren't as "needed" on Thursday as others. If a position doesn't have much depth, those players might not be cut now even though, looking at the 15 worst guys, they probably should be. Just an important note to consider.
- Brandon McManus, kicker
- Maurice Williams, wide receiver
- Lanear Sampson, wide receiver
- Teddy Williams, cornerback
- Daxton Swanson, safety
- Sheldon Price, cornerback
- Johnny Adams, cornerback
- Daniel Adongo, outside linebacker
- C.O. Prime, linebacker
- Shawn Loiseau, outside linebacker
- Lee Ziemba, offensive tackle
- Danous Estenor, offensive guard
- Kellen Heard, defensive tackle
- Thomas Austin, offensive guard
- Jeremy Kelley, wide receiver