We're a week into training camp, and already reserve nose tackle Brandon McKinney has been placed on IR, Khaled Holmes re-injured his ankle, and Greg Toler has a concussion. No matter. My initial projection for the 53-man roster remains mostly intact with a few slight adjustments here and there.
Below is my new projection.
Note: This list is going to change, like, A LOT over the next few weeks.
FB: Stanley Havili
P: Pat McAfee
L: Matt Overton
^ First-year player
- The first week of camp did nothing to dissuade me from believing both Delone Carter and Donald Brown will not make the 53-man roster.
- The more I review camp notes and talk to people, the more I think the Colts will release LaVon Brazill and sign someone who is not currently on the team to take his place at wide receiver.
- Whalen has had a great week of camp, and, barring a terrible performance or injury in preseason, has locked down a roster spot on the 53.
- Ben Ijalana is working exclusively with the No. 3 offense while Cleary is working with the second unit. Thus, Cleary in, Ijalana out.
- If I were making the roster decisions, Mike McGlynn would not be on the present 90-man roster, let alone the 53-man one.
- The Colts cut C.O. Prime earlier this week, then rescinded their waiver move and retained him. They like Prime. Rayford has had a good week of camp too.
- Josh McNary is being utilized as a ILB at camp.
- Pat Angerer gets cut. He simply can't stay healthy.
- Teddy Williams is currently the No. 1 corner on the second unit defense.
- John Boyett likely will start the season on PUP or IR. Delano Howell (yet another Stanford grad) has impressed at camp this week.
Thoughts? Ideas? Suggestions?