Yeah, we’re only 3 games in, but I thought I would take a minute and grade these guys based on 3 games. I would appreciate your input and grades and it will be interesting to see how guys progress throughout the season.
Off-Season Free Agency and Draft Grades
1. LaRon Landry- B - Good move. Would be higher except for injury concerns.
2. Gosder Cherilus- A - Excellent move. A+ if we could have paid less, but he’s worth it.
3. Donald Thomas- B+ - Was playing well before he was injured.
4. Aubrayo Franklin- B- - Signed for 1 year and cheap. Has been fairly solid.
5. Matt Hasselbeck- B - Good mentor, good locker room guy, seems like a decent backup.
6. Greg Toler- B - Has made some plays and has had some lapses. Solid overall.
7. Darius Butler- B - Solid and not overpriced.
8. Ricky Jean-Francois- C- -Can change, but not getting our money’s worth yet.
9. Stanley Havili- B+ - Great contract and very solid player in blocking and receiving.
10. Erik Walden- D+ - Bad contract and mediocre play at best. No real impact plays yet.11. Ahmad Bradshaw- A+ - Small contract, one year, playing GREAT!
12. Darrius Heyward-Bey- B+ - Only complaint is it limits TY, but DHB is solid thus far.
Overall free agency grade- B+ - Not spectacular, but very solid
Overall Draft Review/Grade
1. Bjoern Werner- Fairly solid and seems to be improving.
3. Hugh Thornton- Very solid, now our best interior lineman with upside.
4. Khaled Holmes- Incomplete. We haven’t seen enough.
5. Montori Hughes- Same as Holmes.
6. John Boyett- Fail. Not necessarily FO’s fault and he is only a 6th round, but still a fail.
7. Kerwynn Williams- About what is expected of a 7th rounder. Practice squad player.
7. Justice Cunningham- Same as Williams
Overall Draft Grade C+ - Slightly above average, and still a lot of time.
Overall off-season grade 3 games into the season- B Pretty solid