I know this is a football blog; however, I also realize that until someone brings this up it is only going to continue on.
I have noticed a continuing trend in the forums/comments sections. It seems that a few people are obviously trolling and it creates a hostile environment. I know it is technically possible to get a button the files a complaint about a user's comments. Is there a way we can get this implemented so that when someone is clearly being obnoxious, the comments users can self-regulate.
It would need to have some guidelines:
- 5 complaints a week
- Clear set of rules/penalties
- Complaint thresholds that would invoke those penalties
- Appeals process for penalties
Love the Colts and I can't wait for some football. Apparently i am still short on the word count so. Let me know what you think?
My Guidelines to being a fan (not saying this for anyones benefit or criticism):
I am not implying or pushing these on anyone. I just needed to add some word count and thought this would be good. If you don't like it, tell me why. Please don't just sit there and say the whole idea is dumb.
- You can root for more than one team as long as you have always root primarily for one team (Colts, of course), I have a team I follow in the NFC but i always root for the Colts in any matchup.
- Never be that person that makes other team fans hate your team. You have all met them. That Yankee's/Laker's fan that has 6 different pieces of gear and talks crazy smack talk and then doesn't understand what a strike zone or a 3 point line is used for.
- I know it sucks to go to a home game and and watch a loss but don't take that out on visiting fans. It is part of the game, suck it up.
- Know your sport, that means paying attention to other teams as well as the Colts and Colts players.
- Know the game, the rules, the players, the styles of play; it makes following the game much more enjoyable.
- Go to a game if you ever get a chance, it is a completely different experience to stand in 60-100K people and scream for your team. In most games it is worth the extra money.
Go Colts and Roll Tide
So after 24 hours it appears that the majority want some kind of change. Over 75% voted for either a ban or troll button. Over 60% voted yes to the BAN button. Thanks for you comments guys.
Also, can I get a Rec? 30 comments and 50+ votes and not a rec. Kind of a depressing. Note to self: next time include the picture of the cheerleaders.