Because you're all fed up with mock drafts at that point and I wanted to see a bit further how deep (or thin) our roster was, I decided to make a roster projection. A few disclaimers first though :
- The projection does not include the draft picks, so obviously it's gonna be different come September.
- I listed positions as listed on the Colts website except for Special Teamers and Linebackers (where they are listed as "L" only).
- The order in the names is how the hierarchy I think will be, not how I view it.
- QB (2) : A. Luck - M. Hasselbeck
- RB (3) : T. Richardson - A. Bradshaw - V. Ballard
- FB (1) : S. Havili
- TE (3) : D. Allen - C. Fleener - W. Saunders
- WR (5) : R. Wayne - H. Nicks - T.Y Hilton - D. Rogers - L. Brazill
- OG (4) : D. Thomas - H. Thornton - J. Reitz - L. Louis
- OT (3) : A. Castonzo - G. Cherilus - X. Nixon
- C (2) : K. Holmes - T. Austin
So a total of 23 players for the Offense.
- NT (1) : J. Chapman
- DE (3) : A. Jones - C. Redding - F. Moala
- DT (2) : R. Jean-François - M. Hughes
- ILB (4) : J. Freeman - D. Jackson - J. McNary - K. Sheppard
- OLB (4) : R. Mathis - E. Walden - B. Werner - D. Adongo
- CB (4) : V. Davis - G. Toler - D. Butler - J. Gordy
- S (2) : L. Landry - D. Howell
20 players total on Defense.
- ST (5) : S. Brown - C. Anderson - A. Studebaker - C. Johnson - H. Muamba
- KR (1) : D. Reed (just kidding : C. Rainey)
- PR (1) : G. Whalen
- LS (1) : M. Overton
- P (1) : P. McAfee
- K (1) : A. Vinatieri
A total of 10 for the Special Teams and we get to the 53-man roster.
If you disagree with any of this please tell me so in the comments, but I would ask you not to call me stupid, because as my Mama said "Stupid is as stupid does" (I may or may not have taken that from a movie...).