- Kffl is reporting that the Colts are trying to lock up DE Robert Mathis in a long-term deal. Mathis agreed to a one-year tenure as a RFA earlier this week.
- LB Rocky Calmus is ready for action. The Colts traded a 7th round pick in this years Draft for Calmus's services last year. He tore up a hamstring in practice before the season started, and spent the whole year on IR. Now, he's healthy and an UFA. It's not certain whether the Colts will re-sign him. Calmus can play all three LBer positions.
- The Colts will play a preseason game against the Saints in Mississippi this year.
- In the Multimedia Section of the Colts site, they have video of Vinatieri's press conference. They also have an impressive virtual tour of Lucas Oil Stadium, scheduled for completion in 2008.
- Rumor has it that with back-up DT Larry Tripplett now signed with Buffalo, Raheem Brock will play more at DT, especially on passing downs. Brock normally starts at DE and gives way to Mathis at DE on passing downs. Wih this move, Mathis may start at DE opposite Freeney.
- The Colts might draft a QB in the later rounds.
- At his Pro Day Minnesota RB Laurence Maroney ran the 40 with a pulled hamstring in 4.47 seconds. He also had a 35½-inch vertical jump, a 10-foot-3 broad jump and 21 bench presses. It's now doubtful he will fall to Indy in the first round. That is an outstanding workout.