What we know so far:
- Corey Simon failed his physical. A "more detailed" physical is expected soon. I wonder what that entails.
The Colts are likely deciding whether or not to cut his sorry, fat butt.
- Quinn Pitcock was placed on the reserve/drafted-unsigned list. Pitcock has not passed his physical. They expect Pitcock to attend camp in the next few days.
- Bob Sanders has started camp on the PUP. The Colts are slowly bringing him back after his off-season surgery. Keith O'Neil is also on the PUP.
- Backup center Albert Bimper was waived.
Tony Ugoh is the starting LT, for now. Why not Charlie Johnson>:
Many observers had speculated that second-year pro Charlie Johnson would open camp at the left tackle spot, which was made vacant when Glenn announced his retirement last week. Instead, Johnson took repetitions as Ryan Diem's backup at right tackle.
"A decision was made to go ahead and put Tony in there and I'm running with it,'' Johnson said. "I'm behind the decision that was made 100 percent.''
- DeDe Dorsey, Roy Hall, and Anthony Gonzalez all worked out and ran drills with Manning prior to training camp.
More info as it becomes available. The whole Simon thing has now shifted from a farce to a greek tragedy.