Seems like forever since the first pre-season game against Dallas. Oh, and before I forget, for those of you out there (cough*cough*Terry*cough*cough) who think the Cowboys don't blitz in the pre-season, ask the Denver Broncos how they feel about their last pre-season game. I personally have no problem with the Cowboys blitzing like maniacs in pre-season (and Denver's whining is a bit annoying), but to say Dallas doesn't blitz in the pre-season is a bit silly. You know I love ya, Terry, but please... the Cowboys are blitz happy. No doubt about it.
Ok, so where was I. Oh yes, this is a Colts site, not a Cowboys one. AND THERE'S A GAME TONIGHT... sort of. It's pre-season and it's meaningless, but it's still a game and I need to take a hit off that football rock. So, what should we expect?
- A media orgy. They'll call it a "Re-Match of the Super Bowl" when it is anything but.
- The starting offense and defense will go for about 20+ plays, which is into the second quarter.
- Kenton Keith should see serious playing time at RB. Will he, Dorsey, and Dawson win the back-up job?
- Look for DT Ed Johnson to start again, going up against an offensive line a helluva lot better than Dallas'.
- Tony Ugoh v. Alex Brown. Growing pains for the rookie.
- Chicago has big, physical, and fast receivers. The Colts have big, physical, fast corners. Should prove an interesting match-up, especially with Bob Sanders sitting out.
- Rex Grossman has something to prove. He will look to torch the Colts secondary. If he plays poorly, even in a meaningless pre-season game, the media will continue to eat him alive.
- Cedric Benson stinks, and he quit on the Bears in the Super Bowl after Bob Sanders hit him so had he reverted into a past life. Now, he's the starting RB. Look for him to try and do something tonight. I still have no idea why the Bears traded Thomas Jones.
- The Colts will kick the ball to Devan Hester... and they better crush him. If they don't, Russ Purnell's job is on the line.