Here's the second quarter of the game. The game was over by halftime and CBS switched away early in the 3rd so this will be all for the tape breakdowns until next week.
- 1st-10 Pass. Charlie Johnson beat around the edge and Gijon Robinson gets beat with an inside move. Peyton dumps off to Hart who runs for the first then hurts his knee. Good blocking from the inside.
- 1st-10 Run up the middle. Charlie Johnson whiffs on his man who takes down down Dom at the line of scrimmage.
- 2nd-10 Pass. Diem and Pollak are both beaten badly. Diems man outside, Pollak's inside. Peyton has nowhere to go and misses an open Marvin.
- 3rd-10 False start on Gonzo. I can't even see him move, but the CB points to him and the ref is right there.
- 3rd-15 Richard and Wayne in the slot can't block their men. Dom is hit behind the line, breaks the tackle and is brought down for a short gain by an OLB and safety.
- 1st-10 Pass. Diem helps Pollak block his man (he had it fine on his own) leaving Gijon Robinson one-on-one his Suggs. Gijon gets beat and tackles Suggs. Very good blocks from everyone else. Replay shows Gijon didn't need to hold because Suggs tripped over Diem's leg on his inside move.
- 1st-20 Screen pass to Wayne. CJ and Clark get good blocks downfield. Richard and Saturday don't get downfield in time to block anyone.
- 2nd-10 Pass. Good blocks all around. CJ's man gets upfield, but he stays with him, to give Peyton the option of stepping up in the pocket. Short pass to Gijon.
- 3rd-8 Pass. Good blocks by everyone again. There's a late push on the interior but the WRs are already deep. Peyton throws deep outside to where he thought Marvin would be. Marvin was open to the inside.
- Punt Garcon gets downfield fast and downs it inside the 5
- 1st-10 run up the middle. Richard and Saturday can't hold the hole open. Dom stopped quickly.
- 2nd-9 Run left. Charlie Johnson give his man a little push then heads downfield. Dom nearly brought down in the backfield by CJs man, but makes him miss. Great block by Saturday. CJ has a good block at the second level. Richard gets outside, but missed on his first block attempt. Dom jukes two Ravens defenders then gets downfield blocks by Clark, Gijon, Richard, Wayne and Clark again before he's brought down. Gain of 38.
- 1st-10 Run left. CJ can't hold the hole open and his man drives and Dom's legs bringing him down for no gain. Good block by Gijon on the other side of the hole. The rest of the line kept their men out of the play.
- 2nd-10 Run left. Great blocking by all. Dom is untouched for the first 6 yards. CJ manhandles Jarret Johnson blocking him into Ray Lewis, taking both out of the play. Saturday and Richard blow up the NT.
- 3rd-2. Pass. Good blocks by all, Clark has a little trouble one-on-one with a speed rushing OLB, but he keeps him wide long enough for a TD to Marvin. Marvin brushes off his shoulder after the TD (international sign for brushing off the haters) tip to DS for catching that first.
Decent game all around. All 5 linemen, both TEs and Dom both screwed up and made some great plays blocking. If I had to separtate them I would put Jamey Richard half a step below the other 4. He had the most negative with the least positive, but was far from awful.
- 1st-10 Thomas in. Run away from Thomas' side. Thomas drives Gaither back, but can't shed the block. McGahee is met in the hole, spins out of a tackle towards Thomas. Thomas sheds the block and wraps McGahee up beginning the gang tackle.
- 2nd-9 Thomas in. Pass. Thomas spins, but is easily handled by Gaither. Complete.
- 3rd-1 Thomas in. QB sneak. Thomas is kept out of the pile.
- 1st-10 Thomas in. Pass. Thomas sprints upfield, but Gaither stays with him. He cuts back inside and would have had a shot if Flacco held the ball longer, but Flacco has already scanned the field and dumps off to Neal who drops it.
- 2nd-10 Thomas in. Draw. Thomas goes outside taking himself out of the play. Brackett stops it for a gain of one.
- 3rd-9 Freeney in. Freeney bull rushes. He's driving Gaither back until a shot form the guard knocks him off Gaither away from the play. Complete.
- 1st-10 Thomas in. Spins, Gaither handles it and Flacco throws short before Thomas can turn back to the play. Pass is low, incomplete.
- Dawson in neutral zone. (he didn't move early and didn't look any closer than the other D linemen) Thomas in. Draw. Thomas goes outside and Gaither lets him run away from the play and gives him a little shove.
- 2nd-5 Thomas in. Screen pass. Thomas gets upfield, but doesn't apply pressure.
- 1st-10 Freeney in (first time he was in on a down besides 3rd). Run away from Freeney. Freeney and Gaither stay engaged but move along the line of scrimmage towards the play. RB cuts back outside of Freeney. Session is their with contain to stop it for a loss.
- 2nd-11 Freeney in. Draw. Freeney shoots upfield and has Gaither beat around the corner to Flacco, who has already handed off the ball. Brackett stops it for a loss.
- 3rd-12 Freeney in. Freeney and Mathis step back at the snap and cross sides. Freeney goes all the way around the right side of the OL, Mathis takes a shortcut through a big gap opened up by Darrell Reid and sacks Flacco. Freeney slipped while finishing turning the corner to Flacco, but Mathis would have beat him there anyway.
- 1-10 Thomas in. Jennings gives a big cushion and they throw to his reciever behind the line. Jennings is there before the reciever can start upfield (he is very fast, which is what makes his cushions so puzzling), but misses the tackle. Bullitt cleans it up.
- 2-9 Thomas in. Pass. Gaither has no trouble with his first two moves. His third gets him off the block, but it's way to late. Flacco throws deep and is picked by Bethea.
- 1st-10 Freeney in. Run to his side. Freeney pushes straight forward, forcing the play inside for a loss of one.
- 2nd-11 Freeney in. Run outside away from him. Freeney gets off his block and moves toward the RB, but the play is going away from him very wide.
- 3rd-6 Freeney in. He beats Gaither with a inside spin and nearly has Flacco for a safety. Flacco dumps it off to a RB short of the 1st
- 1st-10 Freeney in. Draw. Freeney upfield out of the play.
- 2nd-9 Freeney in. Pass. Makes stunts inside but there's nothing there. Mathis gets around the edge and knocks the ball out of Flacco's hands despite being held bad enough for it to actually get called.
- 3rd-14 Freeney in. Runs the cross to the opposite side stunt again. Has a lane to Flacco be he steps up and dumps off short of the first.
Freeney is himself and they upped his playing time as he went. Thomas can't rush the passer and is a so-so run stopper.