- Jonathan Vilma was traded to the Saints for a conditional draft pick. Vilma was a stud in Herm Edwards' cover 2, but when Eric Mangini installed his 3-4 defense, Vilma struggled. Now, he's a Saint. The last player who went from a Cover 2 defense to the Saints defense was Jason David. Pray for Saints fans. Link from PoD.
- Cowboys traded Jason Ferguson to the Dolphins. Ferguson is a Parcells guy, and was the anchor of his defenses in New York (Jets) and at Dallas.
- There is still no deal in place for Randy Moss.
- The Eagles are likely to sign Asante Samuel. Deal is "Close, if not already done," according to John Clayton of ESPN.
- Now minus Vilma, the Jets received DT Kris Jenkins from the Panthers. The move likely means Dewayne Robertson is a goner in NY.
- The Jags finally got a receiver that can catch and run routes, signing former Raiders receiver jerry Porter. Porter must feel like he's been paroled.
- With Jason Ferguson now in the fold, the Dolphins signed LBer Reggie Torbor.