The 3rd or 4th year is the common breakout year for a lot of positions, so evaluating after two years is tough. However, some guys have jumped out already.
Mario Williams- 18.5 sacks
D'Brickashaw Ferguson- 2 year starter at LT
Antonio Cromartie- 1 AP, 1 PB, 10 INTs
Santonio Holmes- 1796 yards, 10 TDs
Colts pick: Joseph Addai- 1 PB, 2742 yards, 23 TDs
DeMeco Ryans- 1 PB, 225 tackles, 2 INTs, 5.5 sacks
Marcus McNeill- 2 PB, 2 year starter at LT
Greg Jennings- 1552 yards, 15 TDs
Devin Hester-2 AP, 2 PB, 11 RET TD, 3002 return yards, 2 recieving TDs
Maurice Jones-Drew- 2552 yards, 24 TDs, 2 RET TDs, 4264 return yards.
Colts Pick: Tim Jennings- 37 tackles
Jason Spitz- 2 year starter at G
Jerious Norwood-1625 yards, 3 TDs, 6.2 YPC
Colts Pick: Freddie Keiaho- 1 year starter, 80 tackles, 1 INT, 0.5 sacks
Owen Daniels- 2 year starter, 1120 yards, 8 TDs
Leon Washington- 1486 yards, 7 TDs, 4.5 YPC, 3 RET TDs, 3136 return yards
Brandon Marshall- 1703 yards, 9 TDs
Elvis Dumervil- 21 sacks, 29 games played
Mark Anderson- 17 sacks
Colts Pick: Michael Toudouze -2nd best LT on the 2007 Colts, 5 games played
Colts Pick: Charlie Johnson -30 games played, maybe he'll be a good guard
Sam Koch- 2 year starter at P, one of three 2 year starters drafted after the 5th round.
Colts Pick: Antoine Bethea -1 PB, 113 tackles, 5 INTs, 2 year starter
Colts Pick: T.J. Rushing- 1 RET TD, 1044 return yards
Marques Colston- 2240 yards, 19 TDs, 2 year starter
1. Addai, the best back in the draft to date.
2. Just missed on the second best back in the draft, so Norwood and Washington are tempting. Washington's return ability is a big plus, receiving is a wash with Washington better as a rookie and Norwood better last year. Both have been above average runners, but Norwood has been better. Instead of picking one of them I'll take the undersized DE averaging nearly a sack a game (.72 sack/game) Elvis Dumervil.
3. Freddie Keiaho, another great LB in Polian's long line of them
5. Antonie Bethea, won a starting job as a rookie and made the pro bowl the next year
6. T.J. Rushing, the Colts need a returner since I passed on Washington
7. Marques Colston, The best WR in the draft was barely drafted.