Editor's Note: Reminder for the Stampede Blue Prediction Contest, Week 1. Get your picks in before Thursday Night at 7:00 ET.
I'm going to attempt to give you a few nuggets each week, trying to help you make those tough decisions on who to play, and who to sit. I'll also give a review each week, and keep a running tab on how I did each week.
Here goes for Week 1:
- Jeff Garcia vs. NO: The Saints were the 3rd worst team against QBs last season, in terms of fantasy points. Garcia only played against the Saints once last season, and threw for 250 and 2 TDs (15.2 Y/A as well!).
- Bryant Johnson vs. ARI: My only concern with this pick is counting on JT O'Sullivan, but I think it will work out greatly. Johnson has played his entire career in Arizona until this season, being overshadowed by both Boldin and Fitzgerald. He's been nursing an ankle injury, but seemed fine last week, playing against SD. Also, with the addition of Mike Martz at OC, they will be throwing the ball alot against the 2nd worst team against WR last season.
- Heath Miller vs. HOU: The Texans were the worst team against TE last season, and Miller looks to have a big week against the Texans.
- Jay Cutler vs. OAK: Oakland's defense is very good against the pass (5th best in FF last season), and awful against the run (2nd worst in FF last season). I also think Denver is going to win this game handily, so there shouldn't be much passing going on in the 4th quarter, making Cutler not a good play this week. He also struggled mightily last season in Oakland. Look somewhere else for this week.
- Ryan Grant vs. MIN: Minnesota has an improved defense, from the 2nd best defense against RB last season, adding Jared Allen. Also, I'm guessing they are going to want Aaron Rodgers to beat them throwing the ball. They'll load up the box, and force the Packers to throw, which is bad news for Grant.
- Marques Colston vs. TB: My bold prediction of the week. Each of the past 2 seasons, at home against TB, Colston has been held under 40 yards receiving, with 0 TDs. Tampa was #1 against WR last season as well. Look for a sub-par game from Colston.