I was checking out our good friends at Football Outsiders last night, and they had an article up gonig through all the wild and wacky bets you can place on the Super Bowl. Since I always think these are fun to do, we have one last contest for you. Here's the rundown of the rules:
- There are 24 different bets, and you are given $100 for each bet. There is no way (in Google Docs at least) to actually put how much you want to bet for each one, so to make it easy, it is $100 each.
- You are not required to make a bet on each one. If you don't bet, you'll just keep your $100 for that one.
- A 4/1 bet would pay out as $500, as you'll get your original $100 back, as well as the $400 you earned from the bet. A 10/1 bet would pay out $1100.
- If you see something like (-150) next to the bet, that means you'd have to bet $150 to win $100, so the payout would be: original bet ($100) + 100/150 ~ $66.67 = $166.67.
- If you see something like (+150) next to the bet, that means you'd win $150 on a $100 bet. The payout for this would be: original bet ($100) + $150 = $250.
I'm glad I've now brought all of you to the dark side with me. Let me know if you have any further questions. Contest ends at 6:00 ET Sunday, as I'm not positive when the coin toss will be exactly. Enjoy!