Friends! Rodents! Quadrupeds! Lend me your rears!
Well good morning people of Colts nation, and welcome to yet another edition of Luke Links. We're going to cover a vast array of topics, hopefully you will read and enjoy.
- Titans plan to use Chris Johnson out in space more. That's a pretty scary thought. I'm not talking about them utilizing CJ, I'm talking about them actually thinking. Not only thinking, but coming up with a good idea for once. What is this world coming to?
- The Ravens are working out Darrius Heyward-Bey.
- The Steelers didn't offer Joey Galloway a contract.
- The Browns released Joe Jurevicius.
- Mike Lombardi thinks OT Andre Smith from Alabama will fall out of the top 10 picks in the draft. But will he make it to 27? Not likely.
- The Chiefs released Quinn Gray. I can't say I'm too surprised.
- Bobby Engram didn't receive an offer from the Chiefs. I like Engram. He helped me win a fantasy league back in 2006 as a FA pickup but, he's too old and injury prone now. Good move on the Chiefs' part.
- Panthers release 4 year starting cornerback Ken Lucas, saving them $2.4 million.
- LT restructures his contract with the Dolts. This is pretty good news for us Colts fans. Let's just hope he's actually healthy the next time the Colts play the Chargers in the playoffs. Oh please oh please oh please!
- The Rams have released 7-time Pro Bowler Orlando Pace. He was a key in the Rams multiple Super Bowl runs. It's good to see that the Colts aren't the only ones shedding their old skin. I'm sure Rams fans are upset, but alas, all good things must come to an end.
- Patriots sign Leigh Bodden to a one-year deal. Smells like desperation.
- Apparently Cutler wasn't kidding when he said he was upset about the trade rumors his name was involved in. The Broncos look like complete idiots in this situation and totally deserve to lose Cutler. Morons.
- Peter King thinks Anquan Boldin will find a new home by July.
- Derrick Brooks is looking for a job and hasn't ruled out that idea of returning to TB.
- Texans to use first round pick on Clay Mathews? God I hope not.
- Good ol' Jerry Jones finally figured out that releasing T.O. would actually help Romo. JJ actually did something smart for once!
- The Saints seriously over paid for Devery Henderson.
- The Falcons signed LB Mike Peterson. lol