The new OC Clyde Christensen.
- I'm not so sure DeAngelo Hall has much room to make fun of anyone, but he nailed it when making fun of Al Davis.
- Coach Singletary isn't pleased with how his team is performing to date. It appears that not everyone on that team is afraid to piss him off just yet. Singletary is a perfectionist, which is why he'll make such a great coach.
- John Madden denied rumors of him returning to coaching or becoming a consultant.
- Jon Gruden says he's thrilled about working on the MNF crew. He did say a very interesting thing though about the job itself, "If I do a good enough job, maybe I can hang in there and keep this job for a while."
- Eagles defensive coordinator Jim Johnson is taking a leave of absence to undergo treatment for cancer. This is pretty sad news. Jim Johnson is my favorite DC in the league. His defenses were always the most entertaining to watch. Get well soon!
- The Bears GM Jerry Angelo denies claims that he is pursuing Plaxico Burress.
- Donald Brown speaks his mind about the rookie wage scale:
"If you look at it, it’s kind of a shame for the guys who have been in the league for eight, nine years and have really established themselves," Brown told the Times. "The rookies come in and they haven’t done anything. . . . But it’s part of the game."
- The Patriots are guilty of concealing injury report information. This also just in, the sun is really hot. Is anyone really suprised that the Patriots are guilty of doing something extremely shady?
- James Harrison is officially a moron. I don't care who you are, who you know, what your party affiliation is or whatever. When the PRESIDENT of the UNITED STATES OF AMERICA invites you to the WHITE HOUSE for your accomplishments, YOU GO TO THE STINKIN WHITE HOUSE! I almost feel bad for Steeler fans having to root for this guy. Btw, I recommend watching the video in that link too. It breaks down the Harrison interception at the goal line in the Super Bowl.
- There seems to be some bad blood between Joshua Cribbs and the Brown stains. I hope it escalates so much that they end up cutting him and then Polian goes out and signs him. Great idea!
- The Redskins won another suit regarding their team name. A group of Native Americans thought the name Redskins was racially offensive and sought legal action against the Redskins organization to have it changed. They failed.
- "The executive director of the NFL coaches association is upset with the way the league has handled a change in assistant coaches' leaguewide pension plan." Well that makes 698345698696 of us.
- Legendary Buffalo Bills player Bruce Smith was charged with a DUI.