clock menu more-arrow no yes

Filed under:

Dwight Dixon, the man who claimed (without any evidence) that Marvin Harrison shot him last year has been shot again

New, comments

On the heels of ESPN refusing to cover the Ben Roethlisberger "non-story," we continue to dig up ghosts of ESPN shotty work by reporting (via USA Today) that the man who accused Marvin Harrison of shooting him in the hand last year has been shot again, multiple times. Apparently, unlike the incident in July 2008, this one is much more serious:

A Philadelphia man who says he was shot by Indianapolis Colts receiver Marvin Harrison last year has been shot again.

Philadelphia television station WTXF and the Philadelphia Daily News report that 33-year-old Dwight Dixon was multiple times Tuesday. The shift director at Hahnemann University Hospital said Dixon was in critical condition late Tuesday.

Dixon is a convicted felon with a shady past, it seems. Despite his past (he was also recently convicted of a misdemeanor in January of this for lying to police about the shooting in July 2008), we sincerely hope he can fully recover from this.

Just like last year, Marvin Harrison is not a suspect in shooting Dixon. Any comments that suggest he is will get zapped from the site.