Over the past two years, this is the most improved unit on the team, no question about it. In the 2008 draft, the Colts took pass rush specialist and Colt Brennan's personal demon Marcus Howard in the fifth round after a surprising fall in the draft and then later signed Curtis Johnson out of the powerhouse Clark Atlanta. Both of them are in the Robert Mathis mold of the small yet very quick pass rushers. Then in the 2009 draft the team focused on the defensive tackles. They took Fili Moala out of USC who could play UT and NT depending on the situation. Two rounds later in the fourth they took huge NT Terrance Taylor out of Michigan. Over the past two years, it's gone from being horrendously shallow to very deep.
1. Over/under on combined sacks between Robert Mathis and Dwight Freeney: 23.75
2. Who do you expect to be the starting defensive tackles for Week 2 after Ed Johnson's suspension is over?
3. Over/under on Marcus Howard sacks: 4.75
4. Do you expect Keyunta Dawson to make the final 53 man roster?
5. Do you expect Adrian Grady to make the final 53 man roster?
6. Who do you expect to have more tackles: Antonio Johnson or Terrance Taylor?
7. Who do you expect to have more tackles: Raheem Brock or Fili Moala?
8. Do you expect Ed Johnson to have a better season than his rookie year?
9. Do you expect Daniel Muir to make the final 53 man roster?
10. Do you expect the team to hold opponents to under 110 rushing yards per game next season?
My answers are after the jump.
1. Under. 12 for Freeney and 11 for Mathis.
2. Fili Moala at UT and Ed Johnson at NT.
3. Over. I say he gets six.
4. No. Dawson will be cut.
5. Yes. Grady will just barely make the roster.
6. Antonio Johnson will have quite a few more tackles.
7. Fili Moala will have about 15 to 20 more tackles.
8. Ed Johnson will be much improved over 2007 because he will be playing with another great DT next to him.
9. No. Muir will be cut and could be the first defensive tackle cut.
10. No, I will guess 115 yards per game for the opponent on the ground.
I had some trouble coming up with questions for this one to say the least...