Training camp has arrived! All of Indy's draft picks are signed and in camp as the Colts and their new head coach, Jim Caldwell, prepare to develop their roster in time for the 2009 NFL season. In the lead-up to camp, several articles and news items popped up on the "Internets" that we thought you might enjoy.
Here are the links:
- Pierre Garcon used Twitter to announce his new website.
- Paul Kuharsky talks about the impact of Indy's nose tackles being at or near 300 pounds. Funny quote from Bill Polian in the article:
"It's designed specifically to get us back to where we were when we had Booger McFarland and Corey Simon," Colts president Bill Polian said. "Corey, I don't know what the hell he was, he might have been 320, Booger was between 307 and 310. And that's what you need to play; you can't play at 265."
- John Oehser says Adam Vinatieri will be ready for the start of the regular season. He is currently recovering from hip and knee surgery.
- The Indy Star gives us five keys to training camp.
- The Tribune Star lists what Indy must do at camp.
- Nice little write-up on Colts first round pick Donald Brown, who just signed yesterday.
- Believe it or not, but Justin Snow got some local press love.
- Jim Caldwell has done a fine job this off-season maintaining stability within the team. Even with two major coaching changes, this team does not feel negatively altered since Tony Dungy retired.
- Kyle DeVan is looking to make the final roster for the Colts as either a guard or center.
- Peyton Manning is pleased that Howard Mudd and Tom Moore have returned.