You've seen them all over SBNation, and some of you have participated in them, so it's time to let Colts fans select for all the other teams in the NFL with the 2010 Stampede Blue Community Mock Draft. Here's how we're going to run it:
- Each person is only allowed 1 team, as we have plenty of people here on the site to fill all the teams.
- We're going to start by just doing the first round, but if we finish it by April 1, we'll do the 2nd round as well. That means Chicago won't pick at all, and the Panthers will only draft if we get to Round 2. We'll find out if anyone decides not to read this and sign up for either team.
- The draft will be done through email. This is the easiest way to do it, as getting 30 people together at one time is extremely hard.
- You will have 24 hours after I send you the email saying you are on the clock to make a pick. If no pick comes in, I'll go to whichever Open Thread is open at the time and ask for a pick. First one to write back with the correct information gets the glory.
- I will have a daily post in the evening with that day's picks. Any picks made during the day that are not on the site will be included in the "On the Clock" email.
The information I'd like for each pick is:
- Player, Position, School
- One or two paragraphs on why said player is the right choice for that team. Can include comments about best player available, scheme fit, you hate the team so that's why you picked Juice Williams, etc. I want a rationale.
- One to two sentences on how much of an impact you think he will have next season.
Simple as that. Once we're done, I'll take our Mock draft and put it in the NFL.com contest, and see how well we do. Also, feel free to use whatever information you need to make the picks. Check out the team's site, but do some searching on your own first before blasting in there asking their fans who you should pick. If it's like it is around here, it's talked about a lot, so you'll be able to get a good pulse on it. Also, use Mocking the Draft as your one-stop shopping for Team Needs, Player Evaluations, and other people's mock drafts. Another piece of information, thanks to TheAngelsColts, is his positional rankings. That way if you can narrow it down to a position, you can just pick the best guy.
One last thing..We need a logo for the draft. Email your best to me, and you'll get full credit for it!
After the jump you'll see the CONFIRMED LIST of drafters for each team. Please indicate which team you'd like in the comments, but also send me an email stating which team you would like. You will not be confirmed until I receive an email from you. We'll be starting Monday morning, so whoever picks the Rams should be ready to go. Also, please look at the table, and the comments first before choosing your team.
UPDATE: Teams left are
Jacksonville, N.Y. Giants, Green Bay, Dallas, San Diego, N.Y. Jets, and New Orleans.
|6||Seattle||shake n bake|
|14||Seattle||shake n bake|
|16||Tennessee||Addai Another Day|
|18||Pittsburgh||LV Steelers Fan|