Today's edition of Luke Links is named after Mr. Peyton Manning, our own wizard who just celebrated his 34th birthday.
FROM THE SADDLE
Official Team News
- Coach Caldwell is ready to embrace more changes going into the 2010 season
- Bill Polian describes an interesting take on the new overtime rule
GREEN APPLES AND ROAD APPLES
Positive and Negative Analysis
Mike Chappell (Indy Star) The Colts were awarded 2 compensatory draft picks for Darrell Reid and Hunter Smith
- Paul Kuharsky (ESPN) has Cheerios with Jim Caldwell
- Andy Benoit (NY Times) thinks Peyton is a wizard
- Paul Kuharsky (ESPN) hearts Session, but not Addai
- Pete Prisco (CBS) thinks the recent coaching changes are a bigger deal than anyone has made of it
OUTSIDE THE STABLE
Around the League
- Drew Dougherty (Houston Texans) Owen Daniels got to play dress-up with his uniform, and looks forward to returning to the field after an unusual third ACL tear. Good luck, Owen!
- Vic Ketchman (Jacksonville Jaguars) The Jags are struggling to sell season tickets. Don't laugh, Colts fans... this could happen to our team in LAP (Life After Peyton). A rising tide raises all ships.
- Jeff Fischer (Tennessee Titans) foresees improvement from Young and Johnson next year, and thinks the younger players will step into leadership roles
- NFL: Unless you live under a rock, you know that the overtime rules have changed for post-season games only (for now)
- Don Banks (SI) explores the increased use of marijuana amongst NFL prospects