YEE-HAW! The first day of the draft sure was exciting, wasn't it? All kinds of trades, Tebow going in the first round ahead of Clausen, and the Colts selecting Jerry Hughes! This special series of Luke Links, known as the Draft Link Roundup, is intended to collect as many of the stories as possible from the day's activities into one convenient story. This draft-focused series replaces the "Outside the Stable" section with a section titled "The Posse's Perspective," which will include the stories published on Stampede Blue.
Luke Links will return to its traditional format next Tuesday.
FROM THE SADDLE
Official Team News
- Bob Lamey and Will Wilford interview Bill Polian on PreDraft Radio
- Bill Polian and Jim Caldwell discuss the selection of Jerry Hughes
- John Oehser (Colts.com) The Colts didn't contact Hughes outside the Combine
THE POSSE'S PERSPECTIVE
Stampede Blue Stories
- shake n bake When profiled in WTHWTD, Cass thought Hughes was a consolation pick
- shake n bake With the 31st pick...
- BigBlueShoe avoided an embarrassing outburst at the Draft
- Dr. Blue (LovinBlue) could find no injury history on Jerry Hughes
GREEN APPLES AND ROAD APPLES
Positive and Negative Analysis
- Evan Silva (ProFootballTalk) The Colts snare Hughes at 31
- Rotoworld The Colts select Hughes
- Wes Bunting (National Football Post) With the 31st pick...
- Michael Marot (Associated Press) The Colts found their third pass rusher
- Matt Kuzawa (FootballNewsNow.com) The Colts stayed true to their draft board
- This is the wrong Jerry Hughes
- Paul Kuharsky (ESPN) Hughes fits the Colts' mold
- Phillip B. Wilson (Indy Star) The Colts will bolster their pass rush with Hughes
- Texas Christian University Press Release Jerry Hughes follows in LaDainian Tomlinson's footsteps
- Matt McGuire (WalterFootball.com) compares Jerry Hughes to Robert Mathis
- Nate Dunlevy (18to88.com) grades Polian an A+ for his pick of Hughes