I named today's edition of Luke Links in honor of last night's ESPYs, which for me was a perfect manifestation of a love / hate relationship. I should have known that the show would be replete with imagery of the most recent NFL game, one whose outcome I'd obviously rather not relive.
But really, I love sports, I love seeing the athletes all gussied up, and even though I think Seth Meyers is better suited to sketch comedy, I'll give him a break... he thinks Peyton Manning stands in a class by himself. And honestly, were it not for who the Saints beat, I would have been 100% a part of Who Dat? Nation - there's just not another AFC team out there who I would have supported over them.
So congratulations to those who won ESPYs this year, and here's to hoping that the Indianapolis Colts are the overwhelming favorites for nominations next year (except for the women's categories, LOL!). But even if we are once again disappointed, at least we can count on Manning for another great skit.
FROM THE SADDLE
Official Team News
- John Oehser (Colts.com) Mike Hart feels ready this year
GREEN APPLES AND ROAD APPLES
Positive and Negative Analysis
- Paul Kuharsky (ESPN) Gary Brackett reveals who influenced him early in life
- John Oehser (Indy Football Report) continues his off-season 21 questions series with whether Anthony Gonzalez will start and whether the Colts' linebackers will be the best in recent memory
- Brett Mock (Coltzilla) responds to Michael Lombardi's assertion that the Colts' success will be tempered by contract issues
- Nick Yeoman (IndySportsNation) puts together five reasons why the Colts won't win the division
OUTSIDE THE STABLE
Around the League
Lance Zierlin (Houston Chronicle) is sort of sure that the Texans will make the playoffs this year
Scott Kendrick (Florida Times-Union) thinks the Jaguars could benefit from signing Mark Brunell
- John Glennon (The Tennessean) The Titans have signed five of nine rookies, as expected
- Paul Kuharsky looks at the key second-year players in the AFC South