Today's morning practice was in full pads under a cloud of predicted rain. Players like Bob Sanders, Ray Fisher, Robert Mathis, and Clint Session sat out the morning practice. It's worth noting that Session was sat out all day yesterday (both practices) as well. No word yet as to why.
The man providing most of the updates is ColtPower.com's Eric Hartz:
- Peyton Manning wore a dark visor over his facemask today. No reason why. Eric suggests return of possible eye infection.
- Colts QBs picked on Deshea Townsend a bit this morning. Austin Collie was pretty regularly beating him.
- Jacob Lacey and Anthony Gonzalez were battling it out.
Jerry Hughes worked with the first unit defense. With Mathis sitting out, this makes sense.
More after the jump...
- Offense working on screen passes a great deal today. Antonio Johnson did a good job sniffing one out on a play, dropping Donald Brown for no gain.
- Curtis Painter and Blair White have started to get on the same page. Painter likes targeting White.
- Jerraud Powers did a good job covering Reggie Wayne.
- In general, offense looked out of sync.
- Pierre Garçon had a nice grab after a Manning in-completion intended for Wayne.
- Jerry Hughes made a good move on Charlie Johnson, beating him. Pressure did not deter Manning, completing a pass to Dallas Clark. Hughes was praised by Dwight Freeney.
- Manning and Jeff Saturday fumbled a snap. In other news, it's snowing in hell.
- After the full pads practice, team focused on special teams.
Follow Stampede Blue on Twitter: @stampedeblue
Follow Eric Hartz on Twitter: @coltpower