Dan Orlovsky our new starter? Not so fast... The 'wild ride' will continue... Manning-Indy era still clouded in doubt... and Pat McAfee is a good punter...
FROM THE SADDLE (official team news)
- Dan Orlovsky or Curtis Painter? Jim Caldwell isn't ready to divulge such secrets, quite yet.
- Jim Irsay wants us to stay tuned for a 'wild ride', admits that taking a QB – not named Luck – is still an obvious possibility.
GREEN APPLES AND ROAD APPLES (media analysis)
- 18to88 makes it clear: 'If Peyton Manning returns and is healthy, the 2012 Colts will be a playoff team and will likely rebound by 10 wins. He's that good.' Amen.
- Bob Kravitz suggests the best scenario for the Colts is to let Peyton move on as a free agent, or trade him.
- 'So you're telling me there's a chance... *YEAH!*' Dallas Clark returning to live action 'remains to be seen' a.k.a. not gonna happen.
- Coltzilla believes the Colts could simply be trying to keep fans at bay and hopeful about Peyton Manning's rehab progression.
- Peter King notes that keeping Manning and Luck would be 'quite tolerable', regarding the cap hit.
- Mike Florio thinks that if the Colts decide to cut ties with Manning, he should join his new team as a free agent, not via trade.
- Colts fans should be looking forward to Manning's December 'check-up'.
- Pat McAfee's 'effort stands out on special teams.' Yay.
APPLE PIE (SB Nation goodies)
- Our very own, Matt Greco, analyzes whether the 2011 Colts are really the past decade's, worst of the worst.
- Robert Griffin III, Andrew Luck, and Case Keenum are your 2011 Davey O'Brien Award finalists.
Anyone else excited about the quality of talent within the 2012 quarterback class? What another great weekend of football...
I hope everyone has an amazing Turkey Day, filled with delicious food, family fun, and some more great football. Today, I'll be celebrating the beginning of my 23rd year on this wonderful planet. This week really couldn't get any better...
Happy Holidays, everyone. Oh, and I almost forgot...
Enjoy your chocolate turkey!