Now that the season is nearly over, it's time to officially transition from game mode to draft mode, which means it's Mock Draft Season! We here at Stampede Blue want to give you the chance to play GM for an NFL team, so we'll be conducting our own Mock Draft, selected by our community here.
How do you join in the fun? Here's how it'll work:
- Each person is only allowed 1 team, as we have plenty of people here on the site to fill all the teams. Also, anyone who says "Give me any team" won't get a team. Be decisive, please. Also, in order to draft for the Colts, you have to have been a member at Stampede Blue for 2 years. I want to take care of our longer term members for the Colts pick. There are no restrictions on any other team.
- We're starting a month earlier than last year, so we should easily finish two full rounds. If we get through that fairly quick, we may have a second Mock Draft of just the first round, just to have some more fun. All teams pick at least once in the first two rounds, so you don't have to avoid any team.
- The draft will be done through email. This is the easiest way to do it, as getting 30 people together at one time is extremely hard.
- You will have 24 hours after I send you the email saying you are on the clock to make a pick. If no pick comes in, I'll be opening up to the writers over at SB Nation Indiana to make the pick.
- I will be posting two picks per day during the week, and one pick on each weekend day. IMPORTANT: The draft via email will (hopefully) be about 4 or 5 picks ahead of what is on the site, and I will include those picks in the "On the Clock" email. Please don't wait until you see all the picks before yours on the site, as it'll be way too late for you to make a pick.
The information I'd like for each pick is:
- Player, Position, School
- One or two paragraphs on why said player is the right choice for that team. Can include comments about best player available, scheme fit, you hate the team so that's why you picked that awful player, etc. I want a rationale.
- One to two sentences on how much of an impact you think he will have next season.
Like in years past, NFL.com will have a draft contest, which I'll enter our mock draft into, to see how we do as a community. Also, feel free to use whatever information you need to make the picks. Check out the team's site, but do some searching on your own first before blasting in there asking their fans who you should pick. If it's like it is around here, it's talked about a lot, so you'll be able to get a good pulse on it. Also, use Mocking the Draft as your one-stop shopping for Team Needs, Player Evaluations, and other people's mock drafts.
After the jump you'll see the CONFIRMED LIST of drafters for each team. Please indicate which team you'd like in the comments, but also send me an email stating which team you would like. You will not be confirmed until I receive an email from you. We'll be starting Monday morning, so whoever picks the should be ready to go. Also, please look at the table, and the comments first before choosing your team.
UPDATE: Steelers and Raiders are the only two teams left.
|9||Dallas||Addai Another Aday|
|12||Minnesota||Mr. Indianapolis Colts|
|20||Tampa Bay||Sir Sci|
Oakland - ColtsFan40
* Order to be determined after Super Bowl