FROM THE SADDLE (official team news)
- Colts.com has 'The Heavyweights,' with guest Chris Polian.
- Colts.com has another series going on, this time with Pete Metzelaars: 1 and 2
GREEN APPLES AND ROAD APPLES (media analysis)
- Pro Football Talk tells us Peyton Manning still isn't throwing a football since his neck operation.
- Speaking of Peyton, TMZ sent us a link to an article where one of their writers caught Peyton and Eli on the set of a DirectTV spot of some kind.
More Indianapolis Star says Robert Mathis and Dwight Freeney are optimistic the lockout will get resolved soon.
- Pro Football Focus says the Colts are second in the league in using the fewest blockers on pass protection plays.
- More from PFF is that the Colts are the best in pass protection in the entire NFL, and the credit doesn't go to the o-line, but to Peyton Manning.
- Football Outsiders says the Antoine Bethea often doesn't let the ball carrier break his tackle. Gary Brackett, different story.
- More Football Outsiders, saying the Giants run most frequently on second-and-10 at 53 percent while the Colts run least frequently at 19 percent.
- The Big Lead's Jason Lisk reports that Hawaii is tired of the NFL's crappy 'Pro Bowl.'
HORSE APPLES (stuff from around SB Nation)
- SB Nation writes that Chris Johnson thinks Jake Locker is a Day One starter.
- Bleeding Green Nation writes that the Eagles are poised for 'exciting' moves.
From the TMZ article, showcasing Peyton as a bad boy, bad boy, whatcha gonna do...
Yes, that's Eli next to him. Nice 'stache, kid.