Jeff Saturday loves #18... ... Irsay wants Andrew Luck or RG3... and Peyton Manning found a new day job...
FROM THE SADDLE (official team news)
- The Colts signed another free agent linebacker.
- Ryan Grigson has history with the Texans. "Burn him. Take him away and burn him."
GREEN APPLES AND ROAD APPLES (media analysis)
- Football always take a back seat to family. At least when it's the Pro Bowl.
- Jeff Saturday and Peyton Manning: "We ride together. We die together. Bad boys for life."
- Peyton is back on the field, courtesy of Papa Johns. "You calling me a liar?"
- The newly retired Mike Murphy provides some candid quotes.
- Regardless of Peyton's health, Jim Irsay WILL be using the first pick on a quarterback.
- Bob Kravitz tries to lend us some Twitter etiquette.
- The Colts should have a new coach within the week.
Reggie Hayes of The News-Sentinel loves him some Jim Tressel. "But he knows how to win."
- Tressel was reportedly interviewed twice by the Colts at his home in Sarasota, Florida, but Irsay denied any such trip.
- If you missed it, here's Hannah Storm's interview with Irsay.
APPLE PIE (SB Nation goodies)
- It's Brady v. Eli in the house that Peyton built. Will little bro defend the Luke? Let's hope so.
"Is Eli better than Peyton?" *slams head on table furiously until death*
The search for our new head coach continues...
It's no secret that Mike Zimmer is one of my favorites. He's my top choice. If his mastery of defense doesn't woo you, take a look at this:
(Zimmer on mid-season departure while in Atlanta.)
"He’s a gutless bastard. Quote that. I
don’t give a s—."
"How about this, gutless MF. You can use that."
"[Petrino] is a coward. Put that in quotes. He ruined a bunch of people’s
lives, a bunch of people’s families, kids, because he didn’t have enough
nuts to stay there and finish the job. That’s the truth."
I wanna buy coach a beer at training camp.
But what about you? Who's your pick?