I just got an email from the NFL informing media that Colts receiver Reggie Wayne has won AFC Offensive Player of the Week for NFL Week Five.
OFFENSE: WR REGGIE WAYNE, INDIANAPOLIS COLTS
- Wayne posted 13 catches for a career-high 212 yards (16.3 average) with one touchdown in the Colts’ 30-27 win over Green Bay.
- With 35 seconds remaining in the fourth quarter, Wayne hauled in a four-yard game-winning touchdown reception.
- Registered his 40th career 100-yard receiving performance and his second career 200-yard game. Wayne’s 212 receiving yards are the second-most in a single-game in the NFL this season (BRIAN HARTLINE, 253).
- Posted his 15th career game with 10+ receptions.
- Extended his reception streak to 100 consecutive games with at least one catch.
- Wayne (12,214) surpassed DERRICK MASON (12,061), HINES WARD (12,083) and Pro Football Hall of Famer CHARLIE JOINER (12,146) for No. 17 among all-time leaders in receiving yards.
- In his 12thseason from Miami, this is Wayne’s first career Player of the Week Award. He is the first Colts wide receiver to win the award since MARVIN HARRISON in 2003 (Week 5).
It's kind of amazing that no other Colts receiver has won this award since 2003!