Matt Grecco, Stampede Blue:
We've seen this year that seemingly no matter the circumstances, if the Colts can just hang around, they find a way to win the game. They're 7-1 in games decided by one score or less, which means they've only had one "comfortable" win, something I think they'll do on Sunday. The Titans stole a few games early that they shouldn't have won, but overall they just aren't that good. If it wasn't for that thrashing they gave the Dolphins, I'd say this would be a three score game, but I think the Titans will hang around just long enough to make it interesting, but it'll never be out of the Colts control.
Nick Ragsdale, Stampede Blue
It should be interesting to see how Andrew Luck responds to seeing a divisional opponent again for the second time this season. He's played Jacksonville twice already. The first time he played the Jaguars the Colts lost and he was just 22/46 for 313 yards, 2 TDs and 1 INT. The second time he was 18/26 for 227 yards, 0 TDs and 1 INT but ran for two touchdowns as the Colts won easily. Luck was pretty average last time he faced the Titans (26/38, 297, 1/1) and I think we will see a much better performance.
Key stats for the game, via The Winning Stats:
- Colts defense ranks 31st while the Titans rank 30th
- Titans are more efficient in the Orange Zone (54.8%) than the Colts (49.8%)
- Colts are dead last in average starting field position for their offense
- Colts are ranked 16th in the Red Zone while the Titans are 26th
- Donald BrownTom Zbikowski are OUT for Sunday
- Seth Olsen, recently reactivated from IR per the new rules, will start at left guard for Joe Reitz
- Joe Lefeged will likely draw most of the plays at strong safety
- Look for Delone Carter to get more carries with Brown out