This post is a compilation of notes and opinions from several fans and people in the media who attended this day of Colts training camp.
Day two featured an even more accurate Andrew Luck, some surprises regarding Ben Ijalana, and Chuck Pagano nearly kicking a fan out of training camp for wearing a Steelers jersey.
- The starting offensive line for the Colts (so far) is LT Anthony Castonzo, LG Jeff Linkenbach, C Samson Satele, RG Mike McGlynn, and RT Winston Justice.
- As previously reported, Ben Ijalana is in serious danger of getting cut. He is also hurt, having reaggravated the knee injury that kept him out most of last season. Chuck Pagano confirmed Ijalana hurt the knee Sunday.
- Rookie T.Y. Hilton flashed both speed and hands during drills today. He got behind the secondary for a deep ball; 40 yards through the air, six points.
- During the afternoon practice, safety Tom Zbikowski noticed a fan in the stands wearing a Steelers jersey. Chuck Pagano then went over to the fan and asked him to put on a Colts Andrew Luck jersey. When asked later if Pagano would have kicked the fan out of the stands if he did not wear the Colts jersey, Pagano responded, "Absolutely." The fan was reportedly there to cheer Bruce Arians, who spent five years in Pittsbrugh as their offensive coordinator.
- Unofficially, Andrew Luck was 28-37 with three touchdowns today. As a Twitter follower noted, Luck is completing 79% of his passes at camp. Keep in mind, this is in non-contact drills, shorts and helmets. No pads.
- Luck was bombing it all day. Several deep balls, displaying impressive arm strength.
- Impressive DB play by Antoine Bethea and Jerraud Powers, breaking up a pass in the redzone during the two minute drill.
- This tweet by Phil B got national attention when Adam Schefter retweeted it:
— Phillip B Wilson (@pwilson24) July 30, 2012
#Colts C Samson Satele on Luck: "You watch bro. He’s crazy good. There’s nothing I can teach the man right now. I mean he’s that great."
- Safety Jermale Hines made a nice break on the ball and got a pick 6 courtesy of Drew Stanton.
- Media is awaiting MRI results for Ijalana and A.J. Edds.
- Donnie Avery had a drop that caught the eye of Phil B, but he also has a nice long ball catch (touch pass) from Andrew Luck.
- Pat McAfee was 7-8 on FG attempts.
- Estimated crowd of 1,800 watched the afternoon practice.
- Tomorrow's practice will be in pads, hitting.
If you were at camp and saw something worth noting, pop some text into the comments below.