When camp opened, this was my 53-man roster guesstimate. Since then, we've seen Ben Ijalana get waived-injured, Kevin Thomas traded, and Pat Angerer go down with a fractured foot. That's three projected starters OUT in just three little weeks.
Welcome to the NFL.
The Colts closed camp today at Anderson University. As they get ready for their second preseason game, here is my updated projection of what the 53-man roster will be come September.
RB: Donald Brown, Mewelde Moore, Delone Carter, Vick Ballard*
WR: Reggie Wayne, Austin Collie, T.Y. Hilton*, Donnie Avery, LaVon Brazill*
TE: Coby Fleener*, Dwayne Allen*, Justin Snow, Dominique Jones
LG: Joe Reitz, Jeff Linkenbach
OC: Samson Satele, A.Q. Shipley
RG: Seth Olsen,Justin Anderson
RT: Winston Justice
Defense after jump...
RE: Cory Redding, Ricardo Mathews
NT: Antonio Johnson, Brandon McKinneyJosh Chapman*
LE: Fili Moala, Drake Nevis
OLB: Robert Mathis, Jerry Hughes
ILB: Pat Angerer
ILB: Kavell Conner, Greg Lloyd
OLB: Dwight Freeney, Tim Fugger*
P: Pat McAfee
K: Adam Vinatieri
* Indicates rookies
- Because of Angerer's injury, I have Fokou starting, but Freeman could just as easily be in there as well
- I think Greg Lloyd makes the team
- Added more linebackers than corners
- A player like Rucker could swap over to safety, which is why I only have three safeties listed
- Linkenbach is listed at guard, but he can also play both tackle spots
Thoughts? Ideas? Suggested changes?