We Stampede Blue writers and editors took a mini-vacation this weekend in part because A) We were friggin' tried after covering the 2013 NFL Draft, and B) We were friggin' tired after covering the 2013 NFL Draft!
I used the weekend to watch a little hockey, take some dance classes, and enjoy the fine weather in New York. I also consumed a few adult beverages while toasting the Indiana Pacers, a team and franchise I love playing in a league I view as one small step above the WWF. Indiana moved into the second round of the playoffs, and for the first time in 13 years, it's Pacers v. Knicks in a seven game series.
Oh god, how I am loving living in NYC right now.
Anyway, now that our NFL batteries are recharged, we look ahead to May 10th, 11th, and 12th. Those are the date set aside for the 2013 Indianapolis Colts rookie minicamp.
These are the people we know will attend the camp...
- Bjoern Werner, OLB, Florida State
- Hugh Thornton, OG, Illinois
- Khaled Holmes, OC, USC
- Montori Hughes, NT, Tennessee-Martin
- John Boyett, SS, Oregon
- Kerwynn Williams, RB, Utah State
- Justice Cunningham, TE, South Carolina
Rookie Free Agent Signings
- Sheldon Price, CB, UCLA
- Daxton Swanson, CB, Sam Houston Stat
- C.O. Prime, LB, Wagner College
- Dan Moore, FB, Montana
- Rodrick Rumble, WR, Idaho State
Lanear Sampson, WR, Baylor
Brandon McManus, K, Temple
- Denodus O’Bryant, RB, Lindenwood University
- Emmett Cleary, OT, Boston College
- Nigel Malone, Kansas State
Rookie Invited (But Not Signed)
- Michael Josifovski, K - Marian
- Jordan Bright, DL - Indiana St
One thing I noticed from looking at this collection of young talent: Who will be the quarterback at this year's rookie minicamp? Last year, rookie QBs Andrew Luck and Chandler Harnish attended. Who tosses the rock for this 2013 grouping?
Regardless of how they handle the QB position, this will be the first chance head coach Chuck Pagano and his assistants will work with these young players, educating them on the team's systems and preparing them for what should be a very intense training camp in July-August.