Here's another guess as to who will make the 53-man roster in early September:
QB: Andrew Luck, Matt Hasselbeck, Chandler Harnish
RB: Ahmad Bradshaw, Vick Ballard, Donald Brown
FB: Stanley Havili
WR: Reggie Wayne, T.Y. Hilton, Darrius Heyward-Bey, Griff Whalen, LaVon Brazill
TE: Dwayne Allen, Coby Fleener, Justice Cunningham*
OT: Anthony Castonzo, Gosder Cherilus, Jeff Linkenbach, Emmett Cleary*
OG: Donald Thomas, Hugh Thornton*, Mike McGlynn
OC: Samson Satele, Khaled Holmes*
NT: Aubrayo Franklin, Josh Chapman
DE: Ricky Jean Francois, Cory Redding, Montori Hughes*, Drake Nevis
OLB: Robert Mathis, Erik Walden, Bjoern Werner*, Lawrence Sidbury, Caesar Rayford*
ILB: Jerrell Freeman, Kelvin Sheppard, Pat Angerer, Kavell Conner, Monte Simmons
CB: Vontae Davis, Greg Toler, Darius Butler, Cassius Vaughn, Teddy Williams, Allen Chapman*
S: LaRon Landry, Antoine Bethea, Joe Lefeged, Delano Howell
K: Adam Vinatieri
P: Pat McAfee
L: Matt Overton
Notes (previous guess here):
- Donald Brown earns a spot on the 53 because he outplayed rookie Kerwynn Williams on Sunday, both on special teams and running the ball. I'm sure some will ask "who will return kickoffs?" My answer is, who cares? Kickoffs typically go out of the back of the endzone (unless, of course, your team is the Colts).
- LaVon Brazill is back on the 53. He looked decent in the preseason game, and he can be used as a kick returner, if needed.
- On the Colts "unofficial" depth chart has Pat Angerer as the starting ILB. Why is he considered an injured starter? Beats me. Conner and Sheppard are better. The Colts also re-signed Monte Simmons to a two-year deal. This means they intend to keep him on the 53.
- Allen Chapman gets the last corner spot after a strong preseason game. Teddy Williams also looked solid.
- Hilton is starting over DHB. Hilton has outplayed DHB during camp and preseason.
- Delano Howell's impressive play on Sunday solidifies him as the team's fourth safety.