The Colts returned to the practice field today, and the good news is that most of the players were actually practicing today. The injury report is a good one for the Colts so far this week, as only two people missed practice entirely today - and one of those was due to rest. Here's a look at today's full injury report, with a few thoughts to follow:
Darius Butler, CB (ankle) - did not practice
Erik Walden, OLB (rest) - did not practice
Mike Adams, S (ankle) - limited practice
Arthur Jones, DL (ankle) - limited practice
Hugh Thornton, OL (back) - limited practice
Gosder Cherilus, OL (knee) - full practice
Jack Mewhort, OL (ankle) - full practice
Reggie Wayne, WR (rest Wednesday) - full practice
A few notes...
- As Chuck Pagano expected a day ago, Gosder Cherilus was back at practice after being held out on Wednesday. It seems to be just a precautionary thing and he was fine today.
- For the second straight day, Arthur Jones and Hugh Thornton were limited. It sounds very likely that Thornton will play, though it sounds much less uncertain for Jones. As defensive coordinator Greg Manusky said today, if Jones does play on Sunday it will be in a limited role, as he's not yet adjusted to playing a lot in a game after missing a month. So we might see Jones on Sunday, but it'd be in a limited role, if at all.
- Going back to Thornton a minute, it seems likely that the Colts will have their five starting linemen healthy on Sunday, which is obviously a good thing and will be the first time since week three that the five starters will all be playing, and one of the starters on that line has since been benched (A.Q. Shipley for Jonotthan Harrison).
- Mike Adams appeared on the injury report today after not being listed yesterday, and he was limited in practice today.
- The one big question on the injury report is the status of Darius Butler. He missed last Thursday night's game with an ankle injury that didn't seem to be too serious at the time, but he's missed practice on both Wednesday and Thursday this week and his status for Sunday's game looks uncertain at this point.