The Colts play a late afternoon game today, taking on the Steelers in Pittsburgh at 4:25 p.m. We already knew that Reggie Wayne would be out for today's game, but who are the rest of the inactives for the Colts? Here's the complete list:
CB Jalil Brown
OL Lance Louis
OL Khaled Holmes
OL Jamon Meredith
DL Kelcy Quarles
WR Reggie Wayne
DL Montori Hughes
A few notes...
- Probably the biggest thing from the inactive list is that running back Trent Richardson is ACTIVE. He didn't practice at all this week with a hamstring injury and was listed as questionable, but it seems as if he'll give it a go today. Chuck Pagano said on Wednesday that Richardson would hopefully be at practice on Thursday, signifying that the Colts didn't think it was that serious, but T-Rich didn't work this week at all. It still remains to be seen how much he will play, however, and if I had to guess I think Ahmad Bradshaw will still likely see more snaps - and he will start this game too, his first start of the year. There's a chance that Richardson is the third running back and is in an "emergency only" type role in case something happens to the other running backs today.
- Also of note is that the Colts' third tight end, Jack Doyle - who also was questionable this week - is active as well.
- Hakeem Nicks will start for Reggie Wayne, who we knew earlier this week would be out with an elbow injury. Read more on how the Colts are better equipped to play without Reggie this year than they were a year ago here.
- Montori Hughes is inactive since Arthur Jones returns today. It will be Jones' first game action since week two.
- Victor Butler is active for the first time as a Colt.