It's an odd weeks for the Colts, as they must turn around from a game on Sunday to play Thursday night. As such, there's not much time for players to recover or get time off, meaning the team was back on the practice field today in preparation for the Texans. There were no players just getting a veteran's rest day today, but four players still missed practice. Let's take a look at today's injury report:
Darius Butler, CB (ankle) - did not practice
Arthur Jones, DL (ankle) - did not practice
Jack Mewhort, OL (ankle) - did not practice
Bjoern Werner, OLB (ankle) - did not practice
Hugh Thornton, OL (back) - limited practice
A few thoughts...
- I'd be very surprised if Arthur Jones is back on a short week this Thursday. Very, very surprised. I do think with ten days in-between games then, however, that there could be a good chance he's back for the game against the Bengals. But we'll see.
- Chuck Pagano described Jones and Jack Mewhort both as day-to-day. But that doesn't mean a ton. I still think it'd be hard for either to play Thursday night.
- Pagano said that the team held out Werner today after he came in this morning with his ankle swollen a bit, but Pagano said that he doesn't expect Werner to miss Thursday's game.
- Butler was in and out yesterday with an ankle injury, Pagano said, so they held him out today.
- Hugh Thornton took the majority of the reps today, per Pagano, but he was still limited.