We're just about an hour away from kickoff on Thursday Night Football as the Indianapolis Colts take on the division rival Houston Texans, but first let's look at who isn't playing tonight for Indy. Here are the inactives:
CB Darius Butler
OLB Victor Butler
OL Hugh Thornton
DL Kelcy Quarles
OL Jack Mewhort
DL Arthur Jones
A few thoughts...
- No surprises on this list. We knew that Darius Butler (ankle), Hugh Thornton (back), Jack Mewhort (ankle), and Arthur Jones (ankle) were all going to be out as of yesterday. Victor Butler was just signed this past week, so his being inactive isn't surprising either. And then Kelcy Quarles and Khaled Holmes have both typically been inactives this season, so no surprise there either.
- Lance Louis will start at right guard and Joe Reitz will start at left guard for the Colts. They have a tough task, facing J.J. Watt.
- Josh Gordy will play as the nickel corner.
- Since so many are asking, here's my take on Khaled Holmes again being inactive: it's no surprise. He has been for most games this year. With all of the injuries the Colts have along the offensive line, however, I think this goes to show just how little confidence the Colts have in Holmes. I'm ok with it, as I'm perfectly fine with both Jonotthan Harrison and A.Q. Shipley being ahead of Holmes, but for a guy who was supposed to be the team's starting center this year to be inactive when the line is missing some players is pretty telling. Not that it's wrong, but it's telling.
- Of note, Jerrell Freeman (who was questionable) is ACTIVE tonight.