The first injury report of the week for the Indianapolis Colts was released today in advance of their matchup against the Washington Redskins this Sunday, and it's not a great start to the week in terms of the injury report for the Colts. In fact, twelve players appear on the list today, including eight who missed practice entirely (for various reasons). Let's take a look at the lengthy injury report, followed by some thoughts:
Did Not Practice:
Dwayne Allen, TE (ankle)
Colt Anderson, S (knee)
Vontae Davis, CB (foot)
Josh Gordy, CB (back)
D'Qwell Jackson, LB (rest)
Andy Studebaker, LB (hamstring)
Hugh Thornton, OL (knee)
Reggie Wayne, WR (rest)
Xavier Nixon, OL (foot)
Loucheiz Purifoy, CB (concussion)
Greg Toler, CB (concussion)
Gosder Cherilus, OL (shoulder)
A few thoughts...
- Chuck Pagano said today that Dwayne Allen is still day-to-day with the ankle injury. At this point it's too early to tell whether he'll be ready for Sunday's game or not.
- Josh Gordy is day-to-day as well, per Pagano, and the Colts expect him back at practice tomorrow. He has a lower back injury.
- Cornerbacks Loucheiz Purifoy and Greg Toler are both going through the concussion protocol and participated in a limited capacity today, though they could not have contact. Pagano expects to have both of them available for this Sunday's game, however.
- Xavier Nixon suffered a foot injury toward the end of practice and didn't finish the day's work.
- Pagano said that Vontae Davis injured his foot at some point during the game against the Jaguars, but Pagano expects the star corner to play against the Redskins, saying that Davis is "too tough" and that it's "too critical of a time."
- Pagano had said on Monday that Hugh Thornton is week-to-week with his knee injury, which is an MCL sprain. For the Colts, week-to-week normally means that the player will miss some time, but that remains to be seen with Thornton. He didn't practice today and we'll see how it goes as the week progresses.