The Colts returned to practice today to continue preparations for their game this Sunday at Lucas Oil Stadium against the Houston Texans. Of course, they have several players dealing with injuries, and today they had six players not practice at all for various reasons (whether it be injury, illness, or rest) and twelve players on the injury report. Let's take a look at the full injury report from today and then some thoughts after the list:
Did Not Practice:
Sergio Brown, S (illness)
Darius Butler, CB (illness)
LaRon Landry, S (illness)
Joe Reitz, OL (ankle)
Hugh Thornton, OL (knee)
T.Y. Hilton, WR (rest)
Erik Walden, LB (knee)
Vontae Davis, CB (concussion)
Mike Adams, SS (back)
Xavier Nixon, OL (foot)
Andy Studebaker, LB (hamstring)
D'Qwell Jackson, LB (rest Wednesday)
A few notes on the injury report:
- The good news about today's injury report is that of the six players missing practice, three of them were just due to illness and one was due to rest - meaning just two players today were injured enough to not be able to practice at all. Those two players were linemen Hugh Thornton and Joe Reitz, who though described as "day-to-day" have yet to practice this week.
- Sergio Brown and LaRon Landry, who split time at one of the safety spots, both missed practice for the second straight day with an illness. Darius Butler joined them on the injury report due to illness today, as he also missed practice.
- Mike Adams, who didn't practice at all yesterday due to his back, was a full participant today. Erik Walden, who also didn't practice yesterday due to his knee, was a limited participant in today's practice.
- Vontae Davis returned to the practice field yesterday in a limited role, but today he was a full participant and was no longer wearing the red jersey. This is yet another great sign that perhaps Davis will be ready to play in Sunday's game.
- Also of note: Reggie Wayne worked for the second straight day after not taking his customary Wednesday rest day. I wouldn't be surprised if he gets a veteran's rest day on Friday.