The Indianapolis Colts have a tough challenge this weekend when they take on the Dallas Cowboys, but perhaps the biggest storyline from this week has been injuries. One, it has been about the status of Cowboys' running back DeMarco Murray and whether he will play (it seems likely), and then two, about the several key Colts who missed practice on Wednesday. Some returned on Thursday but others did not, so let's take a look at the complete injury report.
Did Not Practice:
Joe Reitz, G (ankle)
Gosder Cherilus, T (groin)
T.Y. Hilton, WR (hamstring)
Hugh Thornton, G (knee)
Erik Walden, OLB (knee)
Vontae Davis, CB (groin)
Josh Cribbs, RS (rest Wednesday)
D'Qwell Jackson, ILB (rest Wednesday)
A few notes:
- For the second straight day, T.Y. Hilton did not practice with a hamstring injury. The Colts have clinched the division, and if Hilton's injury is serious enough to where he needs the extra rest, they'll likely be inclined to give it to him - even if doing so means they are missing one of their most important players. I'm not sure whether Hilton will be ready for the game, but I do know that with the division locked up the Colts will be more cautious with his and other players' injuries.
- Vontae Davis was limited today after not practicing yesterday. My guess is that he'll play, but of course we need to see how he responds and how he does tomorrow. Very similar to Hilton, the Colts will take it easy with Davis.
- Gosder Cherilus missed practice for the second straight day. He's been dealing with various injuries for much of the season and I wouldn't be surprised at all if the Colts opted to sit him for this game to try to get him healthy for the playoffs.
- Hugh Thornton and Joe Reitz still haven't practiced, which seems to indicate that they're not ready to return quite yet.
- Josh Cribbs and D'Qwell Jackson both practiced today after resting yesterday. Wide receiver Reggie Wayne also practiced today, and so it seems as if the Colts will rest him on Friday this week like they did last week.