We're just about an hour away from kickoff in Dallas between the Colts (10-4) and the Cowboys (10-4), and it should be a competitive game with a lot on the line - particularly for the Cowboys, who could clinch a playoff spot with a win today. The Colts will look to gain momentum with a big win over a good team with the playoffs near, but first let's take a look at who won't play - including a very important player for the Colts. Here's the list of inactives:
T.Y. Hilton, WR
Jalil Brown, CB
Sheldon Price, CB
Hugh Thornton, OL
Joe Reitz, OL
Gosder Cherilus, OL
Montori Hughes, DL
A few notes:
- T.Y. Hilton is, as expected, out for the first time this season. He was listed as questionable on the Friday injury report but it seemed pretty clear that he wouldn't play. Him being out now makes it officially 37-for-37 when players miss an entire week of practice for the Colts this season they don't play the following Sunday. Obviously, Hilton being out is a huge loss for Indy's offense, as Hilton has been one of the team's most important players. The Colts will need Reggie Wayne, Donte Moncrief, Hakeem Nicks, and the tight ends (Dwayne Allen and Coby Fleener) to step up in his absence. As expected, Moncrief will get the "start" in place of Hilton.
- Also of note is that cornerback Vontae Davis, who also was listed as questionable, is active and will play.
- Three linemen are inactive, as all three were ruled out on Friday. Notably, Gosder Cherilus will miss at right tackle, and Xavier Nixon will get the start there - a great opportunity for Nixon.
- Hey, A.Q. Shipley is active this week!
- Zach Kerr is active, as this week it's Montori Hughes who is inactive again.
- For the Cowboys, running back DeMarco Murray is, as expected, active and he will play.