The Indianapolis Colts are preparing for their game this Sunday against the Cleveland Browns, but they've been hampered by injuries this week. Yesterday they had twelve players miss practice and fourteen players total on the injury report, and while today the number of players not practicing was down to seven, the injury report grew to include two more players - bringing it up to sixteen players. That's a lot, and the injuries are definitely something to keep an eye on. Let's take a look at the full injury report:
DID NOT PRACTICE:
Mike Adams, S (back)
Josh Cribbs, WR/KR (knee)
Vontae Davis, CB (concussion)
Xavier Nixon, OL (foot)
Andy Studebaker, LB (hamstring)
Hugh Thornton, OL (knee)
Jonotthan Harrison, C (illness)
Cory Redding, DL (knee)
Erik Walden, OLB (knee)
Lance Louis, OL (illness)
Dwayne Allen, TE (ankle)
Arthur Jones, DL (illness)
Zach Kerr, DL (illness)
D'Qwell Jackson, LB (rest Wednesday)
Reggie Wayne, WR (rest Wednesday)
T.Y. Hilton, WR (hamstring)
A few notes on the injury report:
- Four starters (plus the starting returner, Josh Cribbs) missed practice today: safety Mike Adams, cornerback Vontae Davis, center Jonotthan Harrison, and right guard Hugh Thornton, plus Cribbs. For all but Harrison, it was the second straight day not practicing and there are some concerns there, obviously. With a guy like Cribbs, I would be shocked if he misses the game considering how much it means to him going back to play in Cleveland, but with all of these guys the bottom line is that we're not quite sure where they're at. With Davis, it seems quite likely that he will miss this Sunday's game as he's still recovering from a concussion suffered last week. It's also likely that Hugh Thornton will miss the game, as earlier in the week Chuck Pagano described him as week-to-week still. We'll get an official game status listing tomorrow, so stay tuned.
- It seems that an illness is going around the team, as yesterday Arthur Jones and Zach Kerr missed practice with an illness (though both were full today) and then today Jonotthan Harrison and Lance Louis missed practice with an illness. We don't know what that illness is, but it seems like it's going around a bit. The good news is that, if Harrison and Louis have the same thing Jones and Kerr had, then there's a good chance they could be back at practice and ready to play. But we'll see.
- Cory Redding and Erik Walden, who both missed practice yesterday, were limited today.
- T.Y. Hilton, who was limited yesterday, was a full participant today.
- Dwayne Allen was a full participant for the second straight day, yet another great indication that he'll be ready to play this Sunday.