The Indianapolis Colts (8-4) take the road today for the first time in over a month as they face the Cleveland Browns (7-5). The two teams don't often meet when both hold winning records, though regardless they usually play each other close. We're just over an hour away from game time, and the Colts have announced their inactives - those who won't be playing this afternoon. Let's take a look at the list:
CB Vontae Davis
OL Hugh Thornton
OL Xavier Nixon
OLB Andy Studebaker
OL Lance Louis
OL Andrew McDonald
DL Zach Kerr
A few notes:
- We knew on Friday that Davis, Thornton, Nixon, and Studebaker were going to be out for this game. Obviously, with the loss of Davis especially that's a huge one for the Colts. Darius Butler and Josh Gordy will attempt to fill in at the corner spot, though they will have their hands full against Josh Gordon. Joe Reitz, who has outplayed Thornton this year, will start at right guard for the second straight week (and third overall start along the offensive line).
- As I guessed, the three players listed as questionable on Friday all will play: kick returner Josh Cribbs, safety Mike Adams, and cornerback Jalil Brown. Both Cribbs and Adams could play key roles today, and Brown's presence will provide depth at the corner position.
- The Colts have four offensive linemen inactive today! Don't worry, though, because the Colts have eleven linemen on the roster, meaning they still have seven active. Of note, Khaled Holmes is active for the second straight week.
- Zach Kerr is once again inactive. Owner Jim Irsay initially tweeted out that "94 Walden" was out, so obviously there was a typo. The question was about whether the typo was the number or the player, and he quickly corrected it - Zach Kerr is inactive and Erik Walden will play. It's kind of a big difference, but one that is a good one for the Colts.
- Dwayne Allen will play for the first time in two weeks. His return is a very welcome addition for the Colts.