While yesterday the Colts reported to camp, today they really get started. The first real practice of camp, which is open to the public, will be held this afternoon at 1:50 p.m. eastern time.
Who's planning on making the trip to Anderson University today to watch the Colts? If that's you, check out our camp primer before you go. Furthermore, if you want to know a few of the things that I'll be looking for specifically, here are a few:
- Injured guys - how much are they doing? Donald Thomas was working with the first team offensive line at left guard during walkthroughs this morning, but how much will he really do in practice this afternoon? What about the other injured guys, also cleared to practice - how much will they be doing this afternoon as well? It'll be good to see them back on the field, but it'll also be very interesting to see how much they actually work.
- Lineups / Depth Chart - the team hasn't released an initial depth chart yet, and for good reason - it's way too early for that. That said, however, being the crazed football fans that we are who want as much info as possible, it'll be good to get a feel for where the depth chart stands right now and where the spots look like they might change frequently.
- The passing game - because everyone loves being encouraged about their favorite team. It'll be fun to watch Andrew Luck, T.Y. Hilton, Reggie Wayne (hopefully), Hakeem Nicks, Donte Moncrief, Coby Fleener, Dwayne Allen (hopefully), etc.
- The new guys - Arthur Jones, D'Qwell Jackson, Hakeem Nicks, Mike Adams, Colt Anderson, etc. This will really be our first chance to see these guys take the field for the Colts, and while it's just the first practice of camp so nothing huge in terms of on-field work, it'll be good to see.
- The rookies - along the same lines, this will be our first chance to see rookies such as Jack Mewhort, Donte Moncrief, Jonathan Newsome, Andrew Jackson, Ulrick John, etc. take the field too.
- Fullback Mario Harvey
- How the Colts actually use the fullback this year
- Linebacker Henoc Muamba