WR T.Y. Hilton
S Delano Howell
RB Vick Ballard
FB Stanley Havili (PUP)
RB Ahmad Bradshaw
LB Jerrell Freeman
LB Josh McNary
OL Khaled Holmes
OL Ulrick John
OL Xavier Nixon
OL Jack Mewhort
WR Reggie Wayne
DL Montori Hughes
OLB Robert Mathis
Really, there aren't many surprises at all on this list tonight, if you've been paying attention to our updates during the past week. That said, here are a few quick thoughts on the inactives:
- With Reggie Wayne and T.Y. Hilton both out, and with the offense expected to get an entire quarter, we'll see a lot of Hakeem Nicks and Donte Moncrief tonight. I'm especially excited to see what Moncrief can do tonight.
- Since many have asked, Hilton missed a couple of days of practice this past week. At first we thought it was rest, but then he missed a second day and Pagano said it was just precautionary and getting him rest. He did say too, however, that "he's going to play," and obviously he's not, but it sounds entirely precautionary.
- On that note, most of these are precautionary. Don't freak out because of this inactive list.
- The offensive line looks pretty thin tonight.
- So does inside linebacker - which means more of guys like Henoc Muamba and Andy Studebaker!
- Mike Adams will start for Delano Howell, and Colt Anderson and Sergio Brown will also likely see good time at safety.
- LaRon Landry and Vontae Davis both WILL play tonight, making their preseason debut for the Colts in 2014.
- It also appears that Andrew Jackson will play, which is surprising but good to see.
The following Giants won't play tonight: Beckham Holliday, Hosley, Hillis, Beason (PUP), Fells, Grimble, and Patterson— Patricia Traina (@Patricia_Traina) August 16, 2014