Delano Howell, safety
Vick Ballard, running back
Deji Karim, running back
Jerrell Freeman, linebacker
Josh McNary, linebacker
Ulrick John, offensive lineman
Xavier Nixon, offensive lineman
Montori Hughes defensive lineman
Tonight, the biggest thing about the inactive list is who isn't on there, but there are also some notes about the guys on it too, so here are a few quick thoughts on the list:
- REGGIE WAYNE IS ACTIVE. AHMAD BRADSHAW IS ACTIVE. Both players will make their preseason debut tonight, and while I don't expect either of them to play nearly as long as the other starters, it'll be great to see them back. Especially Reggie - 307 days ago he tore his ACL on the same field he'll be playing on tonight, and he finally must've convinced Chuck Pagano to let him play. Reggie looked great in camp, and it'll definitely be great to see him back out on the field. Expect a huge reaction from the fans.
- JACK MEWHORT IS ACTIVE. That's huge news for the rookie left guard, who will get to play with the other linemen once again after missing last week. It's huge that Mewhort is in there getting experience working with the first team line.
- Interestingly, Robert Mathis and Khaled Holmes were both left off Jim Irsay's list of inactives, but I wouldn't read too much into that. Pagano said earlier this week that Mathis wouldn't play, and while he could have changed his mind, I doubt that's the case. Same too with Holmes - I highly doubt that he's playing, it's probably just an error that he was left off the list, but I'll certainly check it out and see if I can find any info on that.
- Don't freak out about Jerrell Freeman - he's dealing with a thumb injury, but it's precautionary because it's preseason. I'm not too worried yet.
- No real surprises on this list in terms of those guys not playing. As a reminder, Montori Hughes is away from the team as he and his girlfriend mourn the passing of their three-month old daughter, so continue to keep them in your thoughts and prayers.