The Indianapolis Colts host Monday Night Football tonight against the Philadelphia Eagles. But before watching those who are playing, let's take a look at those who aren't. Here's the list of inactives for the Colts versus the Eagles:
WR Da'Rick Rogers
RB Dion Lewis
LB Jerrell Freeman
LB Chris Carter
C Khaled Holmes
C Jonotthan Harrison
OL Joe Reitz
A few thoughts:
- Firstly, with both Khaled Holmes and Jonotthan Harrison inactive, A.Q. Shipley will get his second straight start for the Colts at center. It also means that rookie starting left guard Jack Mewhort is the backup center tonight if Shipley were to get injured.
- Arthur Jones and Josh Chapman are both ACTIVE tonight despite being questionable. The Colts really needed both players to play tonight against the Eagles run game, and they're both at least active. We'll see how much they play, but they're both active - which is a great sign.
- Again, as I said last week, there's nothing wrong with Da'Rick Rogers, though many are still asking. He's just simply the sixth wide receiver and there are other areas that the active spot would be better suited for. All along we knew the Colts were keeping Rogers to develop him. Absolutely no surprise that he's inactive.
- As we already knew, Jerrell Freeman is out. Josh McNary will start in his place.
- Joe Reitz is still recovering from his high ankle sprain.
- Dion Lewis and Chris Carter were just signed by the team this week and as such it's not a surprise that they're inactive.
Here are the Eagles' inactives:
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p><a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Eagles?src=hash">#Eagles</a> inactives for <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/PHIvsIND?src=hash">#PHIvsIND</a>: QB Barkley, WR Huff, DB Watkins, OL Tobin, OL Graf, LB M.Smith and DE Hart</p>— Eagles Insider (@EaglesInsider) <a href="https://twitter.com/EaglesInsider/status/511650556763725824">September 15, 2014</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>