The Indianapolis Colts (0-2) are preparing to take on the division-rival Jacksonville Jaguars (0-2) this afternoon, but before we watch those players who are going to be playing in today's game, let's take a look at those who won't be. Here's the list of the Colts' inactives today versus the Jaguars:
WR Da'Rick Rogers
LB Jerrell Freeman
LB Chris Carter
OL Lance Louis
C Khaled Holmes
OL Joe Reitz
DL Arthur Jones
A few thoughts...
- We knew on Friday that inside linebacker Jerrell Freeman (hamstring) was going to miss his second straight game and that defensive lineman Arthur Jones (ankle) was also going to miss the game. The fact that neither defensive starter is active is no surprise, but it does mean that we'll see a lot more from the less experienced but still talented guys in linebacker Josh McNary and defensive lineman Zach Kerr.
- Hakeem Nicks is active today despite missing practice this week with an illness. We'll see how much he plays.
- Ricky Jean Francois is also active today despite being questionable with an ankle injury. The Colts really needed him to play with the fact that Arthur Jones is out with an injury too. He will start for Jones today, but we'll see how much he plays compared to guys like Zach Kerr.
- Joe Reitz actually saw some time in practice this week in a limited capacity, but he was still listed as questionable and it's not a surprise that he's not back yet. It's encouraging that he's getting closer, but he's not ready yet - which, again, isn't a surprise.
- With Lance Louis, Joe Reitz and Khaled Holmes inactive today, the Colts have just seven offensive linemen active.
- Chuck Pagano said Friday that Holmes might possibly see some snaps on Sunday but that A.Q. Shipley would start for the third straight game, but Holmes isn't even active today. He's close, but he's not back yet. It's interesting that while Jonotthan Harrison was inactive last week (going with just one center), he's active this week.