Voting for the 2017-’18 NFL Pro Bowl is now open. The game will be at Camping World Stadium in Orlando, FL on Sunday, January 28 at 3:00pm ET.
Current Indianapolis Colts players on this year’s ballot are:
- Quarterback Jacoby Brissett
- Running backs Frank Gore and Marlon Mack
- Wide receivers T.Y. Hilton and Donte Moncrief
- Tight ends Jack Doyle and Brandon Williams
- Offensive tackles Anthony Castonzo and Joe Haeg
- Offensive guards Jeremy Vujnovich and Kyle Kalis
- Center Ryan Kelly
- Defensive end Margus Hunt
- Defensive tackles Johnathan Hankins and Al Woods
- Outside linebackers Jabaal Sheard and John Simon
- Inside linebackers Jon Bostic and Antonio Morrison
- Cornerbacks Rashaan Melvin and Pierre Desir
- Safeties Darius Butler and Matthias Farley
- Kicker Adam Vinatieri
- Punter Rigoberto Sanchez
- Return specialist Chester Rogers
- Special teamer Kenny Moore
The Colts aren’t usually very well-represented in the Pro Bowl, but they do have some players who will garner consideration this year.
Hilton is currently fourth in the NFL in receiving yards (725). He has had three huge games this year in Weeks 3, 5 and 9. In the three contests, he totaled 19 catches for 505 yards and 3 TD’s.
Doyle currently leads all NFL tight ends in receptions (52) and has caught 76% of his targets.
Castonzo is Pro Football Focus’ ninth-ranked offensive tackle in the league with a 82.7 grade. He is their sixth-ranked left tackle.
Hankins is a top-25 defensive lineman, according to PFF. His addition this offseason has helped the Colts improve their run defense immensely.
The free-agent acquisitions of Sheard and Simon were huge for this Colts defense. They have the most and second-most sacks on the team, respectively, and they’ve also been stout in the run game at setting the edge.
Melvin has been a life-saver for the Colts considering the swift downfall of Vontae Davis. PFF ranks Melvin as the league’s No. 12 cornerback. For example, he got the assignment of shadowing Antonio Brown last week and did very well. Brown was held to 3 catches for 47 yards, 32 of those yards coming on one catch and run.
Vinatieri is among the top 10 in field goals made (18), field goal percentage (94.7%) and is 4-for-4 from 50-plus yards. He’s the league’s 12th-leading scorer (69).
Sanchez is the league leader in fair catches (19), and is top 10 in net punting average (43.2), return yard average (5.4) and punts inside the 20 (20).
Current Colts players who have appeared in the Pro Bowl before are:
- Quarterback Andrew Luck (3) (2012-’14)
- Running back Frank Gore (5) (2006, 2009, 2011-’13)
- Wide receiver T.Y. Hilton (3) (2014-’16)
- Kicker Adam Vinatieri (3) (2002, 2004, 2014)